Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Any day that includes a nutella waffle is a good day

Just trying to get in the habit of updating this frequently, even though I don't have a lot to report (every minute is part of the experience, right?).

The biggest "news" is that classes have now officially started! [As of now] I only have one class on Monday...at 6 pm- Intermediate Italian 2. The class also meets on Wednesdays, so I'll be going again tonight, this time with the book. I was quite nervous before class- "Yay, I got into the right level of Italian! Wait, what have I done?? This class is going to kill me!"- but it was actually quite good. It definitely won't be easy, but I think it will help me learn a lot more and I will be able to improve more than I would at home because of how much application practice I can do here. I.e.- talking to everyone in Italian. :)

Monday night, LDM had a welcome dinner for all students so Jackie and I went to that instead of eating with the Ricci's. It was very good, but I could tell it was more processed. When we got home, I could still smell whatever delicious food Francesca made for dinner and I was a little sad to miss out. But we did get to have some very good dessert!

Yesterday I was in class alllll day. Both of my studio classes (each 5 hours long, with a 30 minute break in the middle) are on Tuesdays. I'm attempting to switch into a different photography section that meets Monday mornings, but I'm not sure if that will work since at this point all the sections are full. Womp. However, I am very excited for both classes! In the morning, I had Graphic Design. My teacher's name is Paolo and he seems very casual and down to earth. We started right away with a lesson and a project; because there is no such thing as "syllabus week" for art majors. I now feel slightly more comfortable with Photoshop and I went to Hawaii! Or...well...sort of. ;)

My next class was photography at 3, which seemed to last longer because my professor took the first hour of the class to read the syllabus word for word. At the 30 minutes break I spent .60 euro for a cappuccino to make sure I didn't fall asleep in the remaining portion of the class. I'm going to learn a lot about how to use my camera in Manual mode, which seems very confusing now- but will be really cool once (if) I learn how.

Today I have literature and then Italian (again). I've been pretty lucky with not having to buy too many books so far, but I doubt my luck will continue in a course designed to analyze writing. 

Tomorrow is Nadège's last full day, so we have plans to take a nice walk withe her in the afternoon and maybe stop for a cup of coffee somewhere. I'm sad to see her go, but she has invited Jackie and I to stay with her in France later this semester so I'm very excited for that possibility. 

Ciao!

No comments: